Installing, Configuring and Managing VMware vSphere [v5.5+v6.0] Minsk
The course is conducted entirely online, including labs, in an asynchronous manner and it is available to students 24/7.
- The course consists of pre-recorded lectures and instructor-led Q&A sessions.
- Instructors at our college are not allowed to deliver more than 12 hours of training or labs each week to meet VMware IT Academy terms and conditions.
- Students can study at their own pace provided they meet the minimum due dates set by the instructor.
- We don’t have set hours per day, but there is a set maximum of up to 12 hours of training or lab exercises that students can do on a weekly basis as per VITA terms and conditions.
- The ICM courses are 4 weeks in length, approximately 40 hours of lectures and lab exercises.
- Current tuition & lab fee costs total $1250.
- There is an optional textbook available through our book store.
Watch the video explaining the details also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbEbuw5pewM
Detailed Course Outline
BM College follows VMware official curriculum, in addition which the instructors will make sure the presentations include real world case scenarios.
1. COURSE INTRODUCTION
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
2. VIRTUALIZED DATA CENTER
- Introduce components of the virtualized data center
- Describe where vSphere fits into the cloud architecture
- Install and use vSphere Client
3. CREATING VIRTUAL MACHINES
- Introduce virtual machines, virtual machine hardware, and virtual machine files
- Deploy a single virtual machine
4. VMWARE VCENTER SERVER
- Introduce the vCenter Server architecture
- Introduce VMware® vCenter™ Single Sign-On™
- Install and use vSphere Web Client
- Introduce VMware® vCenter™ Server Appliance™
- Configure and manage vCenter Server Appliance
- Manage vCenter Server inventory objects and licenses
5. CONFIGURING AND MANAGING VIRTUAL NETWORKS
- Describe, create, and manage a standard virtual switch
- Describe and modify standard virtual switch properties
- Configure virtual switch load-balancing algorithms
6. CONFIGURING AND MANAGING VIRTUAL STORAGE
- Introduce storage protocols and device names
- Configure ESXi with iSCSI, NFS, and Fibre Channel storage
- Create and manage vSphere datastores
- Deploy and manage VMware vSphere® Storage Appliance
7. VIRTUAL MACHINE MANAGEMENT
- Use templates and cloning to deploy virtual machines
- Modify and manage virtual machines
- Create and manage virtual machine snapshots
- Perform VMware vSphere® vMotion® and VMware vSphere®
- Storage vMotion® migrations
- Create a VMware vSphere® vApp™
8. ACCESS AND AUTHENTICATION
- Control user access through roles and permissions
- Configure and manage the ESXi firewall
- Configure ESXi lockdown mode
- Integrate ESXi with Active Directory
9. RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND MONITORING
- Introduce virtual CPU and memory concepts
- Describe methods for optimizing CPU and memory usage
- Configure and manage resource pools
- Monitor resource usage using vCenter Server performance graphs and alarms
10. HIGH AVAILABILITY AND FAULT TOLERANCE
- Introduce the new VMware vSphere® High Availability architecture
- Configure and manage a vSphere HA cluster
- Introduce VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance
- Describe VMware vSphere® Replication
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ (DRS) cluster
- Configure Enhanced vMotion Compatibility
- Use vSphere HA and DRS together
12. PATCH MANAGEMENT
- Use vSphere Update Manager to manage ESXi patching
- Install vSphere Update Manager and the vSphere Update Manager plug-in
- Create patch baselines
- Scan and remediate hosts
13. INSTALLING VMWARE COMPONENTS
- Introduce ESXi installation
- Describe boot-from-SAN requirements
- Introduce vCenter Server deployment options
- Describe vCenter Server hardware, software, and database requirements
- Install vCenter Server (Windows-based)
- This on-line training course explores installation, configuration, and management of VMware® vSphere™, which consists of VMware ESXi™ and VMware vCenter™ Server.
- Upon completion of this course, the student can take the examination to become a VMware Certified Professional.
- The course is based on ESXi 5.5/6.0, and vCenter Server 5.5/6.0.
- System administration experience working with the Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems.
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course for VMware Certified Associate – Data Center Virtualization (VCA-DCV) certification
- System Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Data Center Operations Professionals
- Technology Professionals seeking VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV) certification
- Systems Operators responsible for ESXi and vCenter Server
- Students are required to pay out of their own pocket all tuition costs.
- No company sponsored students are allowed in VMware IT Academy.
What’s the curriculum?
This on-line training course explores installation, configuration, and management of VMware® vSphere™, which consists of VMware ESXi™ and VMware vCenter™ Server. Upon completion of this course, the student can take the examination to become a VMware Certified Professional. The course is based on ESXi 5.5/6.0, and vCenter Server 5.5/6.0. BM College follows VMware official curriculum, but we the instructors are making sure the presentations include real world case scenarios.
You can download the official course curriculum from VMware’s website:https://mylearn.vmware.com/descriptions/EDU_DATASHEET_vSphereInstallConfigureManage_V551.pdf
Am I required to take the exam?
There’s no requirement to take the exam. If you want to become a VCP, then you need to attend a class and pass the exam. For example, on the test you will be asked for some command line solutions, and there are no command line options even explored in the labs. This class is designed to get you familiar with VMware, use it, then get certified.
Are the ICM classes enough themselves to pass the VCP-DCV exam?
This course is a prerequisite and an important part of the exam preparation. To achive VCP certification you must attend this course.
I’m a non-US citizen and live outside of the USA, would it be possible for me to enroll?
Yes, you can join from any location.
Do students get official VMware certificate?
Yes, you will receive electronic certificate from VMware that you can share with potential employers. The certificate is published on VMware’s website under your account and can be checked for validity online.
События Все события
Записей не найдено.